[Vacancy] Global is looking for a Commercial Talent Director - London
Global is directly looking for a:
Commercial Talent Director - London
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
This role reports to Director of Content Integration.
Overview of job
Leading the successful and committed Global Talent team, the Commercial Talent Director has responsibility for successful delivery of all aspects of the Talent process, from brief to talent booking, delivery to execution, for some of the UK’s largest and highest profile businesses.
In this exciting senior role, the successful candidate will work across audio, video, social and live performance campaigns. Dealing across a matrix business, the role requires a multi-tasker with strong, authentic communication combined with high quality negotiation skills who can build effective working relationships at all levels
3 best things about the job
- Developing strategic talent opportunities with great clients
- Exposure to all areas of the Global business – no day is the same!
- Handling and developing a successful team of Talent professionals
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Got to know your direct reports and team to understand their career aspirations/needs and experience
- Started building a strong team spirit and vision - bring the Global magic
- In conjunction with your manager, developed and started using a 100-day plan/induction crafted to support your start in the role
- Learned about the key systems for your role
- Built your Global network so you know who to go to for the key parts of your role
- Understood Global’s products in the context of your and your team’s role in the business
- Successfully completed your National Sales induction
Responsibilities of the role
- Lead and handle the Commercial Talent Team, the Team are responsible for booking and delivering all talent for Global’s Commercial Partnerships business
- Work with the Commercial Partnership Management team to understand ongoing Talent requirements and build a strategic approach that ensures Global are market leading in this space
- Establish collaborative working relationships with all the Senior Stakeholders in Commercial Partnership teams to ensure strong responses to briefs and successful campaign delivery
- Propose relevant talent for commercial briefs and negotiate competitively priced deals
- Build strong and mutually beneficial working relationships with the key Talent agencies
- Cultivate good relationships with internal global talent
- Attend client and agency meetings as required
- Establish an effective working relationship with Global’s Editorial Talent Teams to ensure alignment on all Talent comms and requirements
- Work collaboratively with Heads of the Commercial Video Team to ensure all Talent campaigns are led and delivered effectively
- Collaborate closely with Global’s Audio Creative Team to ensure all Talent campaigns are handled and delivered effectively
- Deliver monthly and yearly Management reporting to collect all Talent activity, costs, and revenue
- Handle Talent expenditure and costs in line with yearly budget
- Support Talent team to build a knowledge base of Talent in promo, researching appropriate Talent for Global brands and our clients, working alongside the Branded Content team
- Support Talent team in creation and maintenance of robust systems and processes for all aspects of Talent booking and delivery
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions. This is a senior management role that includes hands on, day to day responsibility for booking Talent so you’ll need to be capable of the following:
- Strong and compassionate team management with a focus on developing colleagues to meet their career aspirations
- Collaborative problem solving to achieve mutually beneficial solutions
- Management of high volume workload in a complex, fast paced and ever moving sales environment – exciting and fast paced at the same time!
- Adapting positively to an ever-evolving agenda
- Handling confidential and commercially sensitive information with discretion
- Consistent and effective time management and planning
- Efficiently communicating, building rapport, and relating to a diverse community operating at all levels
- Effective and focused negotiation skills with a proven understanding of the practical requirements e.g., contract terms
- Operating in a highly commercial and ever moving sales environment.
- Demonstrating your strong market knowledge and network
- Creative thinking – generating innovative ideas to problem solve and progress your department’s goals
- Consistently setting and exceeding personal and organisational goals
- Continuous learning by taking initiatives in learning and implementing new concepts and ideas
Bringing to the business:
- Your previous strong experience of working in the Music Industry and with Talent Agents
- A strong track record of working directly with agencies and clients handling sophisticated projects
- A detailed working understanding of Talent Partnerships as part of a cross media campaign
- Upward management ensuring department heads are fully advised at all times
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you. Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global.
Are you interested in this job? Apply here. If you have any questions regarding this job you can call 020 7766 6000 or send an email to email@example.com.
Join the Marketing Report Group on LinkedIn!